THE LAIKIPIA COUNTY WATER SERVICES MANAGEMENT BILL 2018
This bill is meant to provide the legal and institutional framework for the management of water resources, water harvesting, provision of water and sewerage services amongst others in Laikipia County. Ni muongozo wa jinsi sisi kama wakaaji wa Laikipia tutapata huduma bora za maji safi na ukusanyaji wa maji taka.
Every person has a right to clean and safe water in adequate quantities.
Some of the contents of this bill are:
1. The Directorate of water and Sewerage Services,
2. Water Services Providers,
3. Interruptions in water services,
4. Inspection, evaluation and monitoring,
5. Offences and their punishments,
6. Community water projects,
8. Water vending kiosks,
9. Approvals of construction works affecting water and sewerage infrastructure,
10. Certification before your private property can be connected to the mains,
11. Rainwater harvesting.
On Friday 22nd March 2019 we shall be having a public participation forum on this bill in Nanyuki at the County Assembly tent.