The county government of Laikipia recognises the vital role that effective road network and urban development plays in promoting economic growth. In the past three years of devolution the county government has successfully achieved major landmark in the sector as follows;
Achievements and Goals
- Graded …….Kms of roads.
- Graded, gravelled and installed culverts to over 100Kms of road across the county.
- Constructed foot bridges and major bridges notable being Ilmotiok Bridge, Nturukuma Bridge and Ngenia Bridge.
- Purchased; Three graders, One excavator, One truck (tipper) and revamped two graders inherited from former local authorities.
- Cabro paved Car parks, rehabilitated Bus parks and Lorry parks and restored drainages in Nyahururu, Nanyuki, Rumuruti and Kinamba towns.
- Completed the physical planning of Doldol, Chumvi, Luniek and Kiwanja Ndege trading centres. Four more centres namely Kite, Umande, Tandare and Kabati are currently under planning process.
- In partnership with National Lands Commission repossessed public land illegally acquired in Umande ward