Appointments and nominees to Laikipia County Government
1. Mr Karanja Njora- chief of staff and accounting officer for the executive office of the Governor. Seasoned administrator, former Kisii county commissioner
2. Moses Keshenkei Nokisho ( Advisor Office of the Deputy Governor) - Advisor,ICT, programs and results management.
31 years, Masters in project planning & management and bachelors in economics. Worked for Africa Educational Trust.
Nominees to the County Executive Committee
1. Mr Amos Pundn- Deputy county secretary and head of public service.
Experienced HR professional. Worked for National Biosafety Authority and Danish Refugee Council. MBA in HR Management and working in PhD in human capital Development.
2. Mr Boniface Murungi Ndai- Finance, Planning and county development. Seasoned banker. Worked as Branch manager for Stanbic Nanyuki, Ecobak Meru, Family bank Nkubu. BA in economics and statistics.
3. Ms Rose Maitai- CEC member for County administration and public service. Served as project coordinator L. West. Nominated MCA. Dip and bachelor in business management currently law and HR management student.
4. Mr Njenga Kahiro- Water, Irrigation and Natural Resources
Worked on water, environment and conservation in Laikipia since 2000. Has BA in social anthropology and economics as well as MSC. in Conservation and Tourism.
5.Dr Lucy Murugi- Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries
Deep involvement in Livestock sector. Private vet practitioner since 1994.served as chairperson of Nanyuki hospital and St Francis Girls School. Holds BSc. in Veterinary Medicine and is working on MSc in Counselling Psychology.
6. Mr Joseph Njalis Shuel- Infrastructure, Lands, Housing, Roads and Public Works 17 years of community development work in Laikipia. Worked for Caritas Nyeri. World Vision, Ministry of environment. Has BA in Business management and is a certified public accountant.
7. Ms Tabitha Mbiriri- Education, Gender, culture , youth and sports
An educator of many years. Taught from secondary to university since 1986. Holds an M.Ed in special education and M.Ed in Leadership and Management.
8. Dr Lenai Kamario- Medical Services and public health
Deep experience in public health services sector having worked as district MoH for six years and county director of health services for three years. Has master’s in public health, bachelor of medicine bachelor of surgery and post graduate fellowship in Leadership and management in health.
10. Mr Nicholas Biwott Tirop- Trade, Tourism, Enterprise & Cooperative Development
Worked as project and urban planner. Has a BA in Urban Planning & Development. Working on an MSc in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
Ms Anne Wangari Wachira- Chairperson Laikipia Revenue Board.
Vice-chair KNCCI Laikipia, chair Laikipia Tourism Association. Worked at California State University. Has Masters in Arts in Sociology and Master of Arts in Counselling Studies.