County Government Coordination , Administration ,ICT & Public Service
- CEC Member
- One Chief Officer
- Administration and co-ordination (Public administration, public safety and disaster management and inspectorate, enforcement, and compliance)
- Information Communication Technology and E-Government
- Public participation and Civic Education
Strategic Objectives of the Department
- Promotion of programs and skills that lead to competitive manufacturing and production.
- Formulation and implementation of Public Administration, Human Resource, Enforcement and Information Communication Technology policies in collaboration with other departments and relevant institutions.
- Design and implementation of e-government services for effective and efficient service delivery.
- Jointly with the National Government, promote and maintain law and order for security of life and property.
- Coordination and supervision of the delivery of Government services.
- To provide leadership in Inter-Governmental relations for the benefit of Laikipia citizens and businesses.
- Effective and efficient delivery of public services and goods through a highly skilled workforce and coordination of decentralized services.
- Provide leadership and co-ordination required for successful implementation of the CIDP and CFSP, particularly manufacturing and production.
- Strengthen leadership and co-ordination of the formulation, development and implementation of sectoral policies and programmes.
- Enhance the efficiency of processes through the implementation of a quality management system and
- Strengthen linkages and feedback mechanisms with headquarters and Sub County offices.
The core functions of this department include the following:
Administration and co-ordination (public administration, public safety and disaster management and inspectorate, enforcement and compliance)
- Mobilizing society for production and manufacturing.
- Representation of County Government in official functions in all administrative units.
- Co-ordination of representation & implementation of the functions and powers of County Government in all administrative units.
- Establishment of one-stop-service centers at County, Sub-county and Wards headquarters for effective co-ordination of service delivery.
- Co-ordination with National Government Administration officers for effective services delivery and security operations.
- Mobilizing resources and enhancing public participation through barazas and stakeholder forums.
- Provide administrative services as well as coordinating the implementation of such services in ensuring smooth and efficient service delivery by the County.
- County Administration services and hospitality and
- Dissemination of County information to both internal and external publics.
Public safety and Disaster Management
- Define and implement Disaster Management Policies and Procedures.
- Provision of County Firefighting and other emergency services.
- Create and maintain a disaster response and management system
- Create and maintain emergency response and management system and
- Minimizing adverse impacts of emergencies and disasters on mass production and manufacturing.
Inspectorate, Enforcement and Compliance
- Protecting and guarding the property of the county government.
- Enforcement of compliance with the Laikipia County laws and Regulations.
- Inspection of compliance with trade licenses and permits.
- Protection of public entertainment sites
- Regulating and controlling traffic within the County for maintenance of public order.
- Enforce the payment of land rates and any service fee payable to the county government.
- Prevention of a breach of any county law.
- Preparing and participating in national functions/events.
- Providing security and maintaining order in public markets, bus parks, stadia, governments offices, government properties, and any other public place under the Countys management.
- Carrying out inspections within Laikipia County and enforcing County legislations and applicable National laws.
- Collaborating and cooperating with National security agencies to maintain law and order within the County.
- Regulation and control of public entertainment & public amenities including better casinos & other forms of gambling.
- Alcohol drinks control and licensing.
- Control of drugs and pornography.
Information Communication Technology and E-Government
- Promote ICT utilization in all sectors, particularly manufacturing, agricultural production and processing and in the provision of health services.
- Digitize Government operations, processes, procedures.
- Develop, review and implement ICT programs that promote mass production.
- Ensure adherence to ICT hardware and software standards and interoperability of the systems.
- Development, review, and advice on Software and Hardware specifications for the procurement, and maintenance of these assets.
- Maintenance and security of County ICT Platforms and equipment
- Integrate county ICT/software systems.
- Assist all staff members to be effective users of ICT systems and
- Promote production of ICT systems, software and hardware, including computers, phones, tablets, drones, artificial intelligence.
Public Participation and Civic education
- Undertake stakeholder mapping to identify and ensure continuous and effective communication.
- Engage the relevant stakeholders and the public while developing legislation and policy, making of the budget and development plans, monitoring and evaluation of laws, policies, and programs, and delivering services.
- Continuously report and communicate to the stakeholders and the public on the process, outcome, and impact of policies, programs, and services delivered.
- Provide adequate and sufficient notice and information to stakeholders or the public on where the meetings will be held.
- Inform the public in order to enhance understanding the problem, alternatives, opportunities and solutions.
- Consult in order to obtain public feedback on analysis, alternatives, and decisions.
- Collaborate with the public in each aspect of the decision, including the development of alternatives, and the identification of the preferred solution.
- Empower the public to make decision in regard to any public issue and
- Provide all applicable information, forms, documents, statistics and data through electronic system.
Located opposite Nanyuki Mall,
Near Laikipia County Assembly,
P.O Box 1271-10400,
Nanyuki Town, Kenya.