The department of Finance and Economic Planning continuous to played a key role in formulation of financial policies and maintaining of sound fiscal and monetary policies that facilitate the socio –economic growth in the county. Since the onset of devolution the department has achieved following milestones.
Achievements and Goals
- Developed County Integrate Development Plan (CIDP) 2013-2017.
- Effectively formulated Four County Annual Budgets estimates.
- Effectively integrated finance management information systems.
- Automated revenue collection hance raising revenue collection from Ksh. 240 Million in FY 2013/14 to Ksh. 533 Million in FY 2015/16 .
- Successfully enhanced public participation in development planning process.
- Entrenched best practices in County Procurement processes. Laikipia County was voted the best procuring entity and best …in Kenya in FY 2013/2014 and FY…respectively.
- Invested in more than ksh.150 million in Ward Development Fund where …Projects have so far been initiated.
- Effectively facilitated the public to have equal access to county government contracts and business opportunities.
- Successfully initiated and implemented household economic empowerment programme as follows.
-Capacity building of benefiting groups on various components in HEEP.
-Supported 30 community based groups with 30 incubators .Each with a capacity of 528 eggs.
-Issued 200 high quality breeding stock of rabbits.
-Distributed 75 high quality dairy bucks.
-Established nurseries across the county in the process of establishing kitchen gardens.
- Established Laikipia County Development Authority whose core mandate is resource mobilisation and county development. The authority has so far mobilised over Ksh 9 million and Ksh.1billion donor funding is expected.